1. Processing of personal data related to your use of our websites, applications and online services
Categories of personal data processed, purpose of the processing
When visiting our websites or using our applications, or online services (each an “Online Offering”), we process information which you have actively and voluntarily provided about yourself, or which has been generated by us in connection with your use of the Online Offerings, and includes the following categories of personal data:
• Your contact information, including name, e-mail address, telephone number;
• Further personal data that you provide by filling in forms in our Online Offerings;
• Information submitted as part of a support request, survey or comment or forum post; and
• Information on your interaction with the Online Offering, including your device and user identifier, information on your operating system, sites and services accessed during your visit, the date and time of each visitor request.
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
• To provide the Online Offering’s services and functions which includes creating and administering your online account, updating, securing, and troubleshooting, providing support, as well as improving and developing our Online Offerings;
• To bill your use of the Online Offering;
• To verify your identity;
• To answer and fulfil your requests or instructions;
• To process your order or to provide you with access to specific information or offers;
• To contact you with information and offers concerning our products and services, to send you further marketing information or to contact you in the context of customer satisfaction surveys as explained in Section 3; and
• As reasonably necessary to enforce the Online Offering’s terms, to establish or preserve a legal claim or defence, to prevent fraud or other illegal activities, including attacks on our information technology systems.
Online Offerings provided by your organization
Our Online Offerings may be provided to you for your use by the organization to which you belong, such as our enterprise customers. If your organization provides you with access to an Online Offering, our processing of personal data provided by or collected from you or your organization in connection with the Online Offering’s content is performed under the direction of your organization and is subject to a data processing agreement between your organization and us. In such instance, your organization is responsible for any personal data contained in such content and you should direct any questions about how personal data contained in such content is used to your organization.
Links to other websites
2. Processing of Personal data related to your business relationship with us
Categories of personal data processed and purpose of the processing
In the context of the business relationship with us, we may process the following categories of personal data of consumers and contact persons at (prospective) customers, suppliers, vendors and partners (each a “Business Partner”):
• Contact information, such as full name, job position, work address, work telephone number, work mobile phone number, work fax number and work email address;
• Payment data, such as data necessary for processing payments and fraud prevention, including credit/debit card numbers, security code numbers and other related billing information;
• Further information necessarily processed in a project or contractual relationship with us or voluntarily provided by the Business Partner, such as personal data relating to orders placed, payments made, requests, and project milestones;
• Personal data collected from publicly available resources (including business and employment oriented social networks and websites), integrity data bases and credit agencies; and
• If legally required for Business Partner compliance screenings: date of birth, ID numbers, identity cards and information about relevant and significant litigation or other legal proceedings against Business Partners.
We may process the personal data for the following purposes:
• Communicating with Business Partners about our products, services and projects, e.g. by responding to inquiries or requests or providing you with information about purchased products;
• Planning, performing and managing the (contractual) relationship with Business Partners; e.g. by performing transactions and orders of products or services, processing payments, performing accounting, auditing, billing and collection activities, arranging shipments and deliveries, facilitating repairs and providing support services;
• Administrating and performing market analysis, sweepstakes, contests, or other customer activities or events;
• Contacting you with information and offers concerning our products and services, sending you further marketing messages and conducting customer satisfaction surveys as explained in Section 3;
• Maintaining and protecting the security of our products, services and websites, preventing and detecting security threats, fraud or other criminal or malicious activities;
• Ensuring compliance with legal obligations (such as record keeping obligations), export control and customs, Business Partner compliance screening obligations (to prevent white-collar or money laundering crimes), and our policies or industry standards; and
• Solving disputes, enforce our contractual agreements and to establish, exercise or defend legal claims.
3. Processing of personal data for customer satisfaction surveys and for direct marketing
Where and as permitted under applicable law, we may process your contact information for direct marketing purposes (e.g. trade show invitations, newsletters with further information and offers concerning our products and services) and to carry out customer satisfactions surveys, in each case also by e-mail. You may object to the processing of your contact data for these purposes at any time by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org or by using the opt-out mechanism provided in the respective communication you received.
4. Transfer and disclosure of personal data
We may transfer your personal data to:
• other affiliated companies or third parties - e.g. sales partners or suppliers - in connection with your use of the Online Offerings or our business relationship with you;
• third parties which provide IT services to us and which process such data only for the purpose of such services (e.g., hosting or IT maintenance and support services); and
• third parties in connection with complying with legal obligations or establishing, exercising or defending rights or claims (e.g., for court and arbitration proceedings, to regulators, law enforcement and government authorities, to attorneys and consultants).
The recipients of your personal data may be located outside of the country in which you reside. Personal data published by you on Online Offerings (such as chat rooms or forums) may be globally accessible to other registered user of the respective Online Offering.
5. Retention Periods
Unless indicated otherwise at the time of the collection of your personal data (e.g. within a form completed by you), we erase your personal data if the retention of that personal data is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed, or to comply with legal obligations (such as retention obligations under tax or commercial laws).
6. Your rights
The data protection laws in the jurisdiction in which you reside may entitle you to specific rights in relation to your personal data. In particular, and subject to the legal requirements, you may be entitled to:
• Obtain from us confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning you are being processed, and where that is the case, access to the personal data;
• Obtain from us the correction of inaccurate personal data concerning you;
• Obtain from us the erasure of your personal data;
• Obtain from us restriction of processing regarding your personal data;
• Data portability concerning personal data, which you actively provided; and;
• Object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to further processing of personal data concerning you.
To protect your personal data against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, use, or alteration and against unauthorized disclosure or access, we use adequate physical, technical and organizational security measures.
8. Data Privacy Contact
We provide support with any data privacy related questions, comments, concerns or complaints or in case you wish to exercise any of your data privacy related rights. We may be contacted at: email@example.com.
We will always use reasonable efforts to address and settle any requests or complaints you bring to its attention. Besides contacting us, you always have the right to approach the competent data protection authority with your request or complaint.
Cookies are necessary to provide certain functionalities on a website, e.g. to maintain a language choice made by a user. Moreover, cookies enable the respective issuer (Capton Energy or a third party) to recognize that the website was previously called up by a certain end device, allowing the identification of returning visitors (or rather their end devices) and gathering information about their usage of the website and their presumed interests.
This information is used to improve the website and to deliver relevant advertisement for Capton Energy products and services on the website as well as on third party sites. Cookies can be assigned to four categories, depending on their function and intended purpose: strictly necessary cookies, performance cookies, functionality cookies, and marketing cookies.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. Without these cookies, services requested through usage of our website cannot be properly provided.
Strictly necessary cookies do not require consent from the user under applicable law. You may configure your web browser to block strictly necessary cookies, but you might then not be able to use the website’s functionalities as intended.
To the extent that information processed in connection with strictly necessary cookies should qualify as personal data in a given case, the legal ground for that processing is Capton Energy’s legitimate interest to operate the website.
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and how visitors move around the site. They help us to better understand a user’s behavior on our webpage. This is necessary to improve the user friendliness of a website and therefore enhance the user’s experience. Further information collected by performance cookies may include e.g.: internet browser and operating system used, the domain name of the website which you previously visited, the number of visits, average duration of visit, and pages called up.
In general, the information collected by these cookies is aggregated and can normally not be linked to a specific natural person. However, in certain cases the collected information can be linked to you directly (provided you disclosed your identity to Capton Energy, e.g., when creating an account or filing a request with us). To the extent that information processed in connection with performance cookies can, in a given case, be directly linked to you or otherwise qualifies as personal data, the legal ground for that processing is your user consent.
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make or information you enter (such as your username, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. They are also used to enable requested functions such as playing videos.
To the extent that information processed in connection with functionality cookies should, in a given case, qualify as personal data, the legal ground for that processing is the user’s consent.
Marketing cookies (also referred to as targeting or advertising cookies) are used to deliver adverts on third party websites more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign.
Legal basis for the processing of personal data in connection with marketing cookies (if any) is the user’s consent.